Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Did you know?

Short and sweet (pun intended) entry: 

Apparently, if you wash your berries in this easy concoction, they can last days, even a week or two, longer than if left as-is. 
Mix one part apple cider vinegar to ten parts water. Put your fresh fruit in for a quick bath, rinse, and then store in the fridge. 

Have you tried this? If so, did it help? I've just done it for the first time tonight...so I'll let you know if it works! 

*The Web said no vinegar taste should be evident, either. I hope not...*


2 comments:

Bambootattoo said...

UPDATE: This totally helped the shelf life, and they tasted like berries, nothing else. I'll definitely be doing this with all my fresh fruit now.

Unknown said...

This is so great to know! Nothing worse than having your (expensive) berries go bad after only a day or two in the fridge :(