Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Green is Good.

What I'm talking about here? Is the avocado. Full of the "good fat", avocados are a tasty addition to any diet.

Especially when they've got gorgeous toppings and are served right out of the oven. 

Whoa. That’s really the only word that sufficiently describes my first bite of this recipe. Savoury, creamy, with just enough tangy sweetness as well. Talk about a satisfying mouthful! And these were ready in less than ten minutes! (This is minus the time your oven takes to preheat, of course.) 

Here’s the recipe for salsa-topped avocados. I will say "you're welcome" right now because you will make these again and again. Betcha $5. (I would say more than $5, but I need that money for more groceries, to try more recipes, so you can keep eating well too. It's all about you, really.) 

Preheat your oven to 450.

Ingredients: 
1 avocado, sliced in half lengthwise and stone removed 
¼ cup panko bread crumbs 
¼ salsa. *I used the ‘mild’ spice level (because I’m a bit of a wuss). 
1 tablespoon basil
3 teaspoons lemon juice 
1 tablespoon crumbled feta
1 large strawberry, cut into 6 little wedges 
Salt and pepper (to taste)

Combine all ingredients except the avocado and strawberry, in a small bowl. Split contents evenly and spread on each avocado half, then top each half with three apiece of the strawberry. Place on baking sheet, throw in the oven for 5 minutes, and they're ready! 

I ate mine with rice crackers; take a fork to the goods and spread on each. I can't stop making these. Healthy fast supper. 

Get cooking,
Stace
NOTE: Sorry my cooking photos aren't on here! I don't know why my computer hates me lately. It would NOT upload photos to this site, no matter how many times I tried. Check out the pics on my recipe source; it honestly looked just like theirs: www.melecotte.com/recipes

No comments: