Sunday, June 23, 2013

I'm still here! Swearsies!

You know what happens when you create a blog on two different sites?

You forget the password to one of them. Until now! I am going to axe the other (microblogging is a total yawn. Hello? What is the point?), and get back on track here.

So with that, here is what tonight's gorgeous meal looked like. Simple yet oh-so-satisfying. I spent the day doing yardwork and though my toes and fingernails were all shades of green when I was done, that didn't deter me from wanting a giant salad to go with my chicken.

Chicken. Yes.

If you say you don't eat it, then you are totally missing out. Kind of like those who don't eat bacon. What?! That's a discussion for another time though. A discussion of YOU'RE WRONG and then it's over. Heh.

When chicken is done right, it is moist and delicious. Dee-lish-eee-us. I made these breasts in just twenty minutes. By the time I finished washing and slicing the cukes and mushrooms for the salad, the oven dinged and I was chowing down.

Now it's time to share! Please note I didn't measure, just sorta eyeballed the amounts into the bowls. So cut me some slack; add more or less as you see fit, the amounts are approximate. Here's what I did:

~ 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
~ 2 tablespoons Kraft Garlic BBQ sauce
~ A splash of Trader Joe's Steak Sauce
~ 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
~ Dash each of salt and freshly ground black pepper
~ 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
~ 1/4 cup panko
~ 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (the shelf-stable kind. I'm broke and can't afford fresh stuff. C'mon.)

Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Take your sauces, cumin, S&P and combine in one bowl. We'll call this the wet bowl. Sounds ew, but you get it. Take your italian seasoning, panko, and parm and combine in a second bowl. Guess what this one is? Yes! The dry bowl! Wow, you catch on quick.

Now, with each chicken breast, dip and coat in the wet bowl and then coat it with the goods from the dry bowl, pressing all that breading goodness into the meat so it's well covered. When your oven is ready to roll, put a wire rack on top of a baking sheet, add a quick zap of cooking spray on the wires, then lay your chickens.

Heh. Lay your chickens.

Set your timer for 20 minutes, take them out of the oven, let rest for 5 minutes, then get to nom-noming. A glass of white wine and a good book are often my dinner companions.


This recipe was adapted to my own thang from one found here: http://www.food.com/recipe/parmesan-panko-crusted-chicken-497865 (gotta give cred, yo.)

Stay tuned for more entries....I promise I won't wait weeks this time before the next.

Get cooking,
Stace.

No comments: